GPS location: "Lodochny Ruche" N 66 17.56002 - E36 24.30336
Walking along the seashore at low-tide under the never-setting Arctic sun,
swimming during July’s midday heat, spotting seals playing tag or other small grey seals watching you, spotting Beluga white whales (if you are
lucky), hunting Amethyst minerals at the old Amethyst mine, picking up mushrooms (orange-cap boletus and edible boletus) and berries
(cloud-berries, cranberries, gin-berries and crowberries), and fishing in Sea or river are some of the relaxing ways to spend time in this idyllic spot.
Every evening you fall asleep with tender sound of waves and every morning you are woken up by the scream of seagulls above blue water
and the twitter of forest birds outside your window.
You spend your time mostly outside because of the stable and sunny weather micro climate . There is plenty of fire wood brought by the
sea. You can pan-fry the catch of the day and enjoy the taste of nature sitting around the cosy fire looking to the sea.
Big tables with benches, two camp fire places, a campfire stove for cooking and a summerhouse are located outside (in the nature).
A sauna is located close to a sweet water pool.
Enjoy your second home on the Kola!
Places of Interest:
• Ancient village of sea dwellers named Varzuga (20 km)
• The old wooden Uspenskaya Church (1684) in Varzuga (20 km)
• Old Amethyst mines with plenty of Amethyst minerals (3 km)
• Sea dwellers and lighthouse village Kashkarantsy (20 km)
• The Chapel of unknown monk (15 km)
• Fishing in Lodochny River (only in early Summer) 50 meter
• Off-road safari to old village Kuzomen (20 km)>>
• Mushrooms and berries picking
• Bear watching
• two 4-person 1-room cottages with two level beds and a table
– EUR 60, - per day per cottage
• one 6-person 3-room cottage: two sleeping rooms and one sitting room
– EUR 120, - per day per cottage
• All cottages has a woodstove and and kitchen table.
• sauna – to make it ready by yourself
• outside fire-place with a table and benches under roof
• summerhouse for enjoying the panoramic view on White Sea.
• eco-toilet (dry principle)
• Possibility to rent cook whom prepares local meals
• Bicycle rental
Interior 6 persons cottage:
Interior 4 persons cottage:
Two ecological toilets according dry principle and two washing rooms with water and sink are in a separate wooden building: