Aurora Borealis Active Winter holiday
Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) is a unique natural phenomenon. Here on the Kola Peninsula you have a great opportunity to observe
Aurora Borealis. Our Aurora Borealis watching programs are very professional. For more detailed info about, how we forecast Aurora Borealis
and how it works, we refer to our Aurora Borealis page.
During the day of this Aurora Borealis Active Winter holiday you participate on different and unique winter activities on Kola Peninsula, like:
- Murmansk city bus excursion (3 hours) to the main points of interests including an excursion on Worlds First Nuclear Icebreaker named "Lenin".
- A Snowmobile safari in Khibiny Mountains (4 hours)visit a husky farm including a 3,5 hour excursion, a husky sledge ride and lunch.
- Visit a husky farm including a 3,5 hour excursion, a husky sledge ride and lunch.
- Visit a Saami Settlement including a 3,5 hour excursion, feeding reindeers, a reindeer sledge ride, a snowmobile banana ride and also a meal
For this program we reserved the places on beforehand, to guarantee you that you can visit these unique places because they are
limited in amount of participants.
Due to participation in a group you don't have to use expensive individual transfers, but a group transfer in a comfortable (mini)bus, which reduces the costs of the program.
Treat yourself on a special Winter holiday, full of activities and Aurora Borealis.
Do not miss this unique opportunity!
Reserve in time, places are limited.
Aurora Borealis Active Winter holiday itinerary:
Day 1, 24.12.2017: Meeting at Murmansk airport. Transfer to Murmansk city.
Lunch in a café. 3 hour city tour visiting places of interests, watching city life.
Visit to the first nuclear icebreaker “Lenin”.
Transfer to Kirovsk city and check-in at a hotel.
Overnight in the hotel. (L)
Day 2, 25.12.2017: Breakfast. Call taxi to come to Snow village (7 km).
It is a big construction made of ice and snow with sculptures and labyrinths.
At 14.00 take a snowmobile safari in Khibiny mountains with shashlyk lunch and a glass of mulled wine.
In the evening come back to the hotel Overnight. (BL)
Day 3, 26.12.2017: Breakfast. Trip to the Siberian Husky farm.
The program includes Husky sledding, reindeer sledding and lunch of traditional Saami dishes.
Then we proceed to Saami Settlement to watch the life of aboriginals of the North.
After transfer to Murmansk airport. (BL)
Aurora Borealis Active Winter holiday details
- Kola Peninsula: Aurora Borealis
- Murmansk: First Nuclear Icebreaker LENIN
- Kirovsk: Complex of Snow Village
- Kirovsk: Snowmobile tour
- Lovozero area: Siberian Husky farm
- Lovozero area: Saami Settlement
- 2 nights in twin or double room in tourist class hotel in Kirovsk
|Group size:||from 1 person|
Guaranteed dates: 27-29/12/2017, 05-07/01/2018, 24-26/01/2018, 14-16/02/2018, 23-25/03/2018. Other dates on request.
Prices are depending on group size and rouble exchange rate. Please contact us for an up-to-date proposal.
- Meeting at Murmansk airport and transfer to Murmansk city
- All mentioned accommodations including breakfast
- English interpreter with car in Murmansk city at Day 1 for 3 hour excursion incl. Lunch and entrance ticket to the First nuclear icebreaker “Lenin”
- Transfer from Murmansk city to Kirovsk city
- 4 hour snowmobiling tour in Khibiny mountains “Charm of Kuelporr”
- guide service during snowmobiling tour
- Transfer from Kirovsk to husky farm
- Excursion at husky farm inclusive lunch and husky sledding (3,5 hrs)
- guide and English interpreter service at Husky Farm
- Transfer from husky farm to Saami Settlement
- Program at Saami Settlement (3,5 hrs)
- Meals mentioned in the program: B – breakfast, L – lunch
- transfer from the Saami Settlement to Murmansk airport
Passport must be valid at least 6 months after date of return. A visa is required. We handle the tourist invitation.
The participant must possess medical insurance that at very least covers the European part of the Russian Federation.
This Aurora Borealis safari can be extended with the following optionals:
- Aurora Borealis Watching extra costs for:
- Guide service per hour.
- Car per hour.
- Minibus per hour.
- Bus per hour.
Prices on request.
- Guided excursions in Murmansk.
- Tickets for museums and museum excursions cost between RUB 25,-- and RUB 400,-- per person.
- Entrance ticket to Atomic Icebreaker to join an excursion in Russian language: RUR 150 pp.
Individual excursion to Atomic Icebreaker with a lecture in English language can be arranged.
- Trip to Saami settlement.
- Trip to the Barents sea shore.
- Trip to Husky Farm.
- Trip to Lovozero village; Capital of the Saami.
- Kirovsk area:
- Snow-village near Kirovsk
- Entrance ticket: RUB 600 per adult and RUB 300 per kid from 7 to 14 y.o.
- Taxi Kirovsk city - Snow village: approx. RUB 200 per car (one way)
- “Banana” riding behind a snowmobile in Snow Village: approx. EUR 2,-- pp per 5-7 min
- Snow shoes rental cost: approx. RUB 500 per day.